When looking to protect your cold storage areas, PVC curtains are the ideal solution. If you are not yet aware of the many benefits of using these curtains, read on: you could save your company a lot of money, as well as improving your health and safety rating. This is everything you need to know about using our PVC curtain doors in cold storage.
PVC curtain door details
First off, let’s take a look at what kind of PVC curtain doors we supply. Our Polar Grade curtains are:
- – Suitable for use in chilled areas, freezer rooms, freezer cabinets and refrigerated vehicles
- – Recommended for use between -15°C and +20°C
- – Rated to become hard without breaking, known as cold flex, at -33°C
- – Available in strips of 100mm x 2mm, 200mm x 2mm, 200mm x 3mm, 300mm x 3mm, and 400mm x 4mm
- – Available in slotted styles for more flexibility, which is very useful for chiller cabinets
- – Assembled by our team
- – Installed by our team nationwide, or supplied ready for you to install yourself
- – We also stock PVC strip door kits for standard size doors which you can purchase online and have delivered to your door.
Now that you know what our Polar Grade PVC strips are like, why should you choose them? Well, the advantages of using PVC in cold storage are numerous.
First of all, you won’t believe what a difference they make in terms of temperature control. Your heating and cooling bills will be drastically reduced, as full coverage of PVC strips stops cold air from leaking out of the cold storage as much.
Not only that, but other things will find it hard to get through the curtains as well: noise, smells, and even insects or vermin can all be contained or repelled by the use of strip curtains. The strips are light enough to be easily pushed aside by human hands, but heavy enough to form a solid block against all of these things until they are moved.
They are also very flexible, which makes them easier for use in an area where employees may be busy and rushing. You can push them aside any way that is convenient, even one-handed whilst carrying other items.
PVC is very easy to keep clean, as you can simply wipe it down to remove all traces of dirt and bacteria. This is hugely useful in cold storage, which often contains food products. You can vastly improve your health and safety and cleanliness ratings by replacing traditional doors with PVC curtain doors.
Another health and safety aspect of PVC is that it is clear, meaning that you can see through it. This can help to prevent collisions and accidents, and also save time. This can be a great advantage in factories or warehouses where vehicles and pedestrians share the same passages.